BICYCLE MECHANIC (Boulder, Colorado)
Boulder Cycle Sport and Boulder Nordic Sport are premier bike and cross-country ski shops whose customers expect the highest level of service to keep their bikes and skis running in top shape. The Bicycle Mechanic will complete bike service efficiently and expertly to help maintain our customers’ equipment at the highest level. Mechanics will report to the Service Manager on all things related to service of bicycles, parts and accessories.
Some technicians may choose to join our ski service and/or stone grinding team at the South Boulder store for year-round employment. The ideal candidate will have bike mechanic and cross-country ski service experience, but training is available for those who are technically apt and motivated to learn. Training and educational opportunities exist for those seeking to advance their skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Service and Maintain Bicycles efficiently and professionally.
- Be available to assist customers with sales and service and help educate them on all bike issues.
- Greet customers and initiate service process by writing accurate work orders.
- Report to Service Manager at beginning and end of shift.
- Service area maintenance and cleaning as needed.
- Opening and closing duties as directed
- Complete a sale, work orders and special orders in the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Fill out new service tickets and update existing work orders clearly and accurately.
- Notify customers as repairs are completed.
- Complete a bike tune-up or à la carte Service.
- Assemble a new bicycle.
- Setup a bike to BCS standard
- Stock/arrange/count inventory
- Perform cross-country ski service
- Become part of the Boulder Nordic Sport Stone Grinding Team
- Compensation above industry norm.
- Discounts on wide range of sporting goods including bikes and skis.
- Free or discounted skiing opportunities.
- Retirement program.
- Employee healthcare program (dependent on location).
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.